Corresponding to the top ten singles / eps from 2021 that we liked best (cf. post above), there is of course also a list of the top ten albums we felt the need to come back to most often to find some consolation going through this hellhole of a year. Here it is in full: these are the ten LPs that served that purpose best for us throughout the past twelve months. A sincere Thank You! to all artists, labels, and anyone else involved in their making!
If you find something on this list that you like, please consider buying it directly from the artists / labels via the given bandcamp links or from any other source selling music. As we face another few months when shows will be increasingly unlikely to be allowed to go ahead in 2022, every little counts to make sure those lovely people will be able to continue making music and will still find labels to put it out there. Thank you, take care, and all the best for an easier next year!
10. Nobody’s Flowers – Nobody’s Flowers (Really Rad Records)
9. Tristen – Aquatic Flowers (Mama Bird Recording Co.)
8. Klee – Trotzalledem (Premium Records)
7. The Lodger – Cu-De-Sac of Love (Pretty Olivia Records)
6. Kitner – Shake The Spins (Relief Map Records)
5. Girl In Red – If I Could Make It Go Quiet (AWAL Recordings)
4. The Catenary Wires – Birling Gap (Skep Wax / Shelflife Records)
3. The Reds, Pinks & Purples – Uncommon Weather (Tough Love / Slumberland Records)
2. Ducks Ltd. – Modern Fiction (Carpark Records)
1. Lande Hekt – Going To Hell (Get Better Records)